The focus of this GEN Market & Tech Analysis report is to present some of our most recent analysis of publications trends across a number of biomarker classes with respect to time over the past five years as a way to map the trajectory of these molecular species.
Specifically, we present here selected examples from the following classes:
- Traditional biomarkers
- Long noncoding RNAs
- Epigenetics modifications
This temporal analysis seeks to map the evolution of a particular marker—one at a time—and therefore provides a granular approach to understanding specific trends as they relate to specific molecular entities and drivers for their utilization/adoption in research as well as in clinical practice.
Highlights of this GEN Report:
- A comparative analysis of the complete set of biomarker-focused publications from the scientific literature illustrates the publication trends over time and enables a picture to be sketched of the expansion or contraction of a particular class of biomarkers.
- Our analysis has been based on more than 92,000 publications which we’ve sorted and segmented into various classes based on the context in which they appear in the publication record.
- We have compared various molecular species in this report excerpted from our comprehensive database of all of the common markers that have been described.
- We’ve also compared in our analysis the molecular lesions that are the subject of companion diagnostics development and association with specific therapeutics in defined disease classes.
- Finally, our database allows the interrogation of a particular molecular entity in order to ask whether any association[s] have been documented with specific disease classes, in this manner identifying “virgin territory” for potential IP protection.
CLICK HERE to download the PDF report.