Systems Biology Opens New Research Pathways
Systems Biologists Are Attacking the Encrypted Messages That Would Allow Us to Predict and Change the Course of Disease
Individual Tumor Profiling
Has Tumor Molecular Profiling Enabled More Effective and Less Toxic Cancer Treatment?
Top 10 Under 40
Up-and-Coming Stars Shine in Biopharma Research and Business
Podcast: FDA’s New Commissioner Hits the Ground Running
Scott Gottlieb, M.D., Commits to Speeding Up Drug Reviews, and Maintaining Safety and Efficacy
The Sounds of Science podcast is brought to you by GEN. Listen as members of the editorial team—Editor-in-Chief John Sterling, Technical Editor Jeff Buguliskis, and Senior News Editor Alex Philippidis—showcase innovative research, new initiatives, and important policy by interviewing thought-leaders, eminent life-science researchers, and company leaders. These short, but informative podcasts will keep you up-to-date with the latest and most important life science advances.
- Interview with Keith Garrison, Ph.D., post-doctoral fellow in UCSF's Division of Experimental Medicine
- interview with L. James Lee, Ph.D., Helen C. Kurtz Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Ohio State University
- Interview with William Balch, Ph.D., and Evan Powers, Ph.D., from The Scripps Research Institute.
- interview with Margy S. Lambert, Ph.D., Associate Biosafety Officer, Office of Biological Safety, Environment, Health and Safety Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Interview with Robert J. Levy, M.D., William J. Rashkind Chair of Pediatric Cardiology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Interview with Dr. Jeffrey Holt, associate professor in the Department of Neuroscience at the University of Virginia.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. Peter Navarro from the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine, about the pitfalls of doing biotech R&D and manufacturing in China.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling talks to Michael Snyder, Ph.D., Cullman Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, at Yale University.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Stephen Becker, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Koronis Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Michael Meagher, Ph.D., Donald F. and Mildred T. Othmer Distinguished Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, and Director, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Biological Process Development Facility
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. Lennart Mucke from the Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Bob More, Domain Associates, Ted Schroeder, Cadence Pharmaceuticals, and Steve Kelly, Innovive Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Alan Crane, CEO, Tempo Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Kenneth Carter, Ph.D., President and CEO, Avalon Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling talks to Markus Grompe, M.D., professor of molecular and medical genetics, and pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Robert Bohrer, J.D., LL.M, Professor of Law at California Western School of Law and Executive Editor of Biotechnology Law Report (Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., Publishers), on key biotechnology legal and regulatory issues.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Richard Canady, Ph.D., DABT, Senior Health Scientist, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, about the FDA’s Task Force Report on Nanotechnology
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief, John Sterling, interviews Dr. Robert Nagourney, Medical and Laboratory Director at Rational Therapeutics, about individualizing cancer therapies for patients.
- John Sterling, Editor-in-Chief of GEN, interviews Claude Gagne, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Life Sciences, New York Institute of Technology School of Health Professions, Behavioral, and Life Sciences
- GEN’s Editor-in-Chief, John Sterling, interviews Cheryl Marks, Ph.D., associate director of the division of cancer biology at the National Cancer Institute and program director of the Mouse Models of Human Cancers Consortium.