Utilizing Machine-Learning Capabilities
When Will Big Data Analytics Change Biopharmaceutical and Pharma Manufacturing?
Precision Medicine Research in the Million-Genome Era
Gaining the Most from Research with Multi-Omic Data in the Million-Genome Era
Top 10 M&A Deals of 2016
While 2016 Didn’t Reach the Heights Predicted, the Overall Value of Biopharma M&A Climbed
U.K. Bioindustry Plots Its Post-Brexit Course
Improving Manufacturing of Advanced Therapies Is One of Several Initiatives Being Put in Place
The Sounds of Science podcast is brought to you by GEN. Listen as members of the editorial team—Editor-in-Chief John Sterling, Technical Editor Jeff Buguliskis, and Senior News Editor Alex Philippidis—showcase innovative research, new initiatives, and important policy by interviewing thought-leaders, eminent life-science researchers, and company leaders. These short, but informative podcasts will keep you up-to-date with the latest and most important life science advances.
- Interview with Dirk Bohmann, Ph.D., Professor of Genetics, Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Interview with Doris Taylor, Ph.D., Director of the University of Minnesota Center for Cardiovascular Repair and Medtronic Bakken Professor of Medicine and Physiology
- Interview with Xiaojing Ma, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology and Immunology in Pediatrics, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, and Associate Director, Host Defenses Curriculum, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Interview with Nitin Baliga, Ph.D., Associate Professor. Institute for Systems Biology
- Interview with Andrew McCallion, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Interview with Rainer Fuchs, Ph.D., Vice President and Executive Director of the Biogen Idec Innovation Incubator (bi3)
- Interview with Peter Dedon, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Toxicology and Biological Engineering, Associate Head-Department of Biological Engineering, Deputy Director-Center for Environmental, Health Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Interview with Michael Rose, Ph.D., Professor in Biological Sciences, University of California-Irvine, and Director of the Network for Experimental Research on Evolution, a University of California Multicampus Research Program
- Interview with Keith Garrison, Ph.D., post-doctoral fellow in UCSF's Division of Experimental Medicine
- interview with L. James Lee, Ph.D., Helen C. Kurtz Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Ohio State University
- Interview with William Balch, Ph.D., and Evan Powers, Ph.D., from The Scripps Research Institute.
- interview with Margy S. Lambert, Ph.D., Associate Biosafety Officer, Office of Biological Safety, Environment, Health and Safety Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Interview with Robert J. Levy, M.D., William J. Rashkind Chair of Pediatric Cardiology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Interview with Dr. Jeffrey Holt, associate professor in the Department of Neuroscience at the University of Virginia.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. Peter Navarro from the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine, about the pitfalls of doing biotech R&D and manufacturing in China.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling talks to Michael Snyder, Ph.D., Cullman Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, at Yale University.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Stephen Becker, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Koronis Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Michael Meagher, Ph.D., Donald F. and Mildred T. Othmer Distinguished Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, and Director, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Biological Process Development Facility
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. Lennart Mucke from the Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Bob More, Domain Associates, Ted Schroeder, Cadence Pharmaceuticals, and Steve Kelly, Innovive Pharmaceuticals