Scaledown Keeps Processes on the Up and Up
Minireactors, Sampling Techniques, and Statistical Analyses Can Keep Optimization Conversations Going
Streamlining Stem Cell Manufacturing
The Factory System Will Help the Stem Cell Industry Standardize, Integrate, and Automate Unit Operations
More Tooth, More Tail in CRISPR Operations
The Most Interesting Thing about CRISPR/Cas9 Is What It Can Accomplish in the Hands of Gifted Researchers
DNA: Past to Present 2017
Celebrate National DNA Day with a Look at Some of the Double-Helix’s Scientific History
The Sounds of Science podcast is brought to you by GEN. Listen as members of the editorial team—Editor-in-Chief John Sterling, Technical Editor Jeff Buguliskis, and Senior News Editor Alex Philippidis—showcase innovative research, new initiatives, and important policy by interviewing thought-leaders, eminent life-science researchers, and company leaders. These short, but informative podcasts will keep you up-to-date with the latest and most important life science advances.
- Interview with Robert Langer, Ph.D., Institute Professor, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, MIT
- Interview with Masood Yousef, Ph.D., senior research assistant in the Welsh Centre for Printing and Coating, Swansea University School of Engineering
- Interview with Eric Schadt, Ph.D., Executive Scientific Director of Research Genetics for Rosetta Inpharmatics, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Merck & Co.
- Interview with Thomas Einhorn, M.D., Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Biochemistry, and Biomedical Engineering at Boston University
- Interview with Tsz Tsang, Ph.D., Department of Biomolecular Medicine, Imperial College London
- Interview with Sayan Mukherjee, Ph.D. and Elena Edelman from the Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy at Duke University
- Interview with Brian Hughes and Packy Kelly, co-leaders of KPMG’s venture capital practice.
- Interview with Richard Bucala, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Medicine, Pathology, Epidemiology, and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine
- Interview with Anthony Fauci, M.D., Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health, and Chief of NIAID’s Laboratory of Immunoregulation.
- Interview with Yi Lu, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry, and Nathan Sieracki, Graduate Student, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Interview with Dirk Bohmann, Ph.D., Professor of Genetics, Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Interview with Doris Taylor, Ph.D., Director of the University of Minnesota Center for Cardiovascular Repair and Medtronic Bakken Professor of Medicine and Physiology
- Interview with Xiaojing Ma, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology and Immunology in Pediatrics, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, and Associate Director, Host Defenses Curriculum, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Interview with Nitin Baliga, Ph.D., Associate Professor. Institute for Systems Biology
- Interview with Andrew McCallion, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Interview with Rainer Fuchs, Ph.D., Vice President and Executive Director of the Biogen Idec Innovation Incubator (bi3)
- Interview with Peter Dedon, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Toxicology and Biological Engineering, Associate Head-Department of Biological Engineering, Deputy Director-Center for Environmental, Health Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Interview with Michael Rose, Ph.D., Professor in Biological Sciences, University of California-Irvine, and Director of the Network for Experimental Research on Evolution, a University of California Multicampus Research Program
- Interview with Keith Garrison, Ph.D., post-doctoral fellow in UCSF's Division of Experimental Medicine
- interview with L. James Lee, Ph.D., Helen C. Kurtz Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Ohio State University