Systems Biology Opens New Research Pathways
Systems Biologists Are Attacking the Encrypted Messages That Would Allow Us to Predict and Change the Course of Disease
Individual Tumor Profiling
Has Tumor Molecular Profiling Enabled More Effective and Less Toxic Cancer Treatment?
Top 10 Under 40
Up-and-Coming Stars Shine in Biopharma Research and Business
Podcast: FDA’s New Commissioner Hits the Ground Running
Scott Gottlieb, M.D., Commits to Speeding Up Drug Reviews, and Maintaining Safety and Efficacy
The Sounds of Science podcast is brought to you by GEN. Listen as members of the editorial team—Editor-in-Chief John Sterling, Technical Editor Jeff Buguliskis, and Senior News Editor Alex Philippidis—showcase innovative research, new initiatives, and important policy by interviewing thought-leaders, eminent life-science researchers, and company leaders. These short, but informative podcasts will keep you up-to-date with the latest and most important life science advances.
- Interview with Robert Wechsler-Reya, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center
- Interview with Bruce Rittmann, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Environmental Biotechnology, Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University
- Interview with Martina Buck, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine and Researcher at UC San Diego's Department of Medicine and Moores UCSD Cancer Center
- Interview with John McDonald, Ph.D., Professor and Chair of the School of Biology at Georgia Tech and Chief Research Scientist at the Ovarian Cancer Institute
- Jonathan Kimmelman, Ph.D., Assistant Professor in the Biomedical Ethics Unit/Social Studies of Medicine Department, McGill University
- Interview with Peng Jin, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Human Genetics, Emory University School of Medicine
- Interview with Ben Conway, Founder and Managing Director, Boston-based Johnston Blakely and Co., and Isaac Ro, Senior Analyst, Boston-based Leerink Swann
- Neil Patel, PharmD., Director of Pharmaceutical R&D Operations, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Interview with Jill Fuss, Ph.D., Research Scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Interview with Michael West, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, BioTime, Inc.
- Interview with Steve Goldman, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Neurology and Chief of the Division of Cell and Gene Therapy at the University of Rochester Medical Center
- Interview with Sharon Terry, President and CEO of the Genetic Alliance
- Interview with Owen Witte, M.D., Researcher, UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center, and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
- Interview with Dr. David Ostrov, from the University of Florida College of Medicine.
- Interview with Dan Leonard, President of the National Pharmaceutical Council
- Interview with Ronen Marmorstein, Ph.D., Professor, Gene Expression and Regulation Program, Wistar Institute
- Interview with Ronald G. Crystal, M.D., Professor and Chairman of the Department of Genetic Medicine of the Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Interview with Bruce Mackler, Ph.D., J.D., senior advisor on FDA matters and due diligence concerns to financial groups and investment companies
- Exclusive GEN Panel Discussion with Four Co-Chairs of the Upcoming Biotechnology Industry Organization's (BIO) Annual International Convention