Systems Biology Opens New Research Pathways
Systems Biologists Are Attacking the Encrypted Messages That Would Allow Us to Predict and Change the Course of Disease
Individual Tumor Profiling
Has Tumor Molecular Profiling Enabled More Effective and Less Toxic Cancer Treatment?
Top 10 Under 40
Up-and-Coming Stars Shine in Biopharma Research and Business
Podcast: FDA’s New Commissioner Hits the Ground Running
Scott Gottlieb, M.D., Commits to Speeding Up Drug Reviews, and Maintaining Safety and Efficacy
The Sounds of Science podcast is brought to you by GEN. Listen as members of the editorial team—Editor-in-Chief John Sterling, Technical Editor Jeff Buguliskis, and Senior News Editor Alex Philippidis—showcase innovative research, new initiatives, and important policy by interviewing thought-leaders, eminent life-science researchers, and company leaders. These short, but informative podcasts will keep you up-to-date with the latest and most important life science advances.
Drew Endy is an assistant professor of bioengineering at Stanford University. He earned a BS and MS in civil and environmental engineering, respectively, from Lehigh University and a Ph.D. in biochemical engineering from Dartmouth College.
Anna Ziegler, an award-winning playwright, wrote Photograph 51, which looks at Rosalind Franklin’s essential role in the discovery of the double helix.
Benjamin F. Cravatt III, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Chemical Physiology, The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
Robin Hardwicke, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston.
Marylou Ingram, M.D., Senior Research Scientist, and Director, In Vitro Systems/Tissue Engineering, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA
Michael B. Kastan, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Comprehensive Cancer Center, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
Gregory L. Verdine, Ph.D., Harvard College Professor and Erving Professor of Chemistry, Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Harvard University, and Founder and Co-Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board, Aileron Therapeutics
Donat Elsener, Founder, Innoco GmbH, and Director of Business Development, Hamilton Storage Technologies
Struan Grant, Ph.D., is Associate Director of the Center for Applied Genomics at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Interview with W. Andy Tao, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Analytical Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Purdue University
Interview with TanYa Gwathmey, Ph.D., Post-doctoral Research Associate, Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Hypertension Core Laboratory, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Interview with Patrick Terry, Acting CEO of the Grand Therapeutics Foundation, and Christopher Austin, M.D., Director of the NIH Chemical Genomics Center, and Member, Editorial Board, ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies.
-Interview with Martin Gruebele, Ph.D., James R. Eiszner Professor of Chemistry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Interview with Rick A. Wetsel, Ph.D., Director of the Laboratory for Developmental Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Interview with José María Fernández Sousa-Faro, Ph.D., President of the Spanish Association of Bioenterprises (ASEBIO), and Chairman of the Zeltia Group
- Interview with James Greenwood, president and CEO of the Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Interview with Julian Schroeder, Ph.D., Professor of Biology, University of California, San Diego
- Interview with Dr. Baron Lonner, director of Scoliosis and Spine Associates
- Interview with Mark Reed, Ph.D., Harold Hodgkinson Chair of Engineering and Applied Science, Yale University, and Associate Director of the Yale Institute for Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
- Interview with Jin-Quan Yu, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Scripps Research Institute